Police Information Checks

Community members attend the office on a daily basis requesting Police Information Checks for employment, volunteering, hosting foreign students, and various immigration requirements. Our Community Police Offices no longer provide fingerprinting services. Should you require fingerprints please call the detachment during regular business hours at 604-514-5815 to make an appointment.

For Police Information Checks: The Applicant must reside in Langley City or Langley Township. If you do not reside in Langley please contact your local police department.  You are required to attend IN PERSON and we require two pieces of GOVERNMENT ID, both pieces must contain your date of birth and one MUST have a photograph.  BC Driver's License combined with the BC Services card does not qualify as two pieces of identification.  (Examples of acceptable ID:  BC Driver's License, separate BC Services Card (BC Care Card), Birth Certificate, Nexus, Passport, Possession and Acquisition License, Landed Immigrant Status Card, First Nations Status Card)

Bonified Volunteer Agencies and Adoption are free. People applying for a volunteer Police Information Checks must bring a letter from volunteer agency confirming that they are a volunteer. 

All other Police Information checks are $55.00
Police Certificates - $55.00
Fingerprinting - $55.00
Electronic fingerprinting- $25.

We accept Cash, Debit, Visa, Master Card and American Express.


Home Security Checks

This is a Block Watch Program which is available free of charge for Langley Residents.  Block Watch has trained, security-cleared volunteers who can conduct Home Security Inspections of Langley homes.  They will provide you with information and suggest changes for increased safety.  To book your Home Security Inspection, please contact the Block Watch Coordinator at 604-532-3213.  

Liquor Licences - Special Occasion Licence (SOL)

 You can now apply for a Special Occasion licence on line.  All events over 500 guests require police and liquor inspector review. Some smaller events may require review from police and/or the LCLB’s licensing division.  See External link, opens in a new windowsolo.bcldb.com/ for further information

Police Reports

Information Officers and Community Police Office Coordinators assist the public by taking some Reports to Police such as theft from autos, damage to autos, Property Damage, lost and found property. A call may be forwarded to the dispatch centre by the Community Police Office Coordinator, i.e.: shoplifting calls from local businesses, domestic assaults, motor vehicle accidents etc.